ABSTRACT SUBMISSION IS CLOSED
Submitting an abstract is not your registration for the Congress. For the registration for the Congress please use the registration form (see registration).
Scientific Abstract Submission Guidelines
- The deadline for abstract submission is: Thursday January 2nd 2014, 24.00h CET.
- February 7th, 2014: notification of acceptance.
- All abstracts should be submitted electronically through the abstract submission page on www.rehabmove2014.com.
- Abstracts must follow submission guidelines.
- All abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee of the congress and they decide which abstracts will be accepted.
- You can indicate whether you prefer an oral or poster presentation. However, the final decision lies with the Scientific Committee of the congress.
- You can select to which topic(s) or theme(s) you submit your abstract. However, the Scientific Committee decides to which session you are set.
The current topics are:
- Wheeled mobility
- Modeling & ambulation in walking and running
- Prosthetics and orthotics
- Exercise capacity
- Daily physical activity
- Training strategies
- FES Induced exercise
- Sports performance
- Wheeled sports
- Other, namely....
- Abstracts are limited to 2000 characters including spaces (excluding title/authors/affiliation and e-mail address).
- Do not use tables, charts or graphs.
- The abstract must be written in English.
- Use standard abbreviations, symbols, and punctuation. When using abbreviations in the body of the abstract, spell out in full the first mention, followed by the abbreviation in parentheses.
- Title: the title should be brief (limited to 15 words) and typed in ALL CAPS.
- Authors: Type the last names and initials of the authors. Type the presenting author first. Do not include degree or titles.
- Affiliation: Type the affiliation(s) where the research was done. Give the name of the institution, city, state/province and country.
- E-mail address: Type the e-mail address of the first author.
- Text: The abstract must be informative, including a statement of the study’s specific PURPOSE, METHODS, summary of RESULTS, DISCUSSION and/or CONCLUSION statement.
- A clear research question must be answered.
- The abstract should contain results of the study.
- In all cases follow the details in the example below.
Notification of Acceptance
All abstracts received will undergo formal review by the Scientific committee and independent reviewers. We expect the reviews to be completed by January 31, 2014, with author notification to take place by February 7, 2014.
Accepted abstracts will be published in the congress program book.
Procedure after acceptance
After acceptance you will be required to send in a three-page extended abstract for the conference proceedings (deadline April 1st, 2014), following the format guidelines available.
The Scientific Committee will invite a selection of presenters to publish their presented work in a full paper for a special issue of Disability & Rehabilitation.
Withdrawal requests must be in writing with the reason for withdrawal clearly stated. All authors must approve the abstract retraction. Please email a copy of the abstract, letter of withdrawal, and statement indicating all authors approving the withdrawal to email@example.com
Click on link for the proceedings from 2009.